Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Been A While....

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Mainly due to the fact that I'm fairly sure no one really cares what I'm putting up here. When no one really cares, it feels masturbatory more than anything else, and even masturbation gets to be boring if you do it often enough.


Anyway, I did a little piece recently for the Conan O'Brien show. In November they're going to NYC for a week and doing the show there. They wanted artwork from people that was NYC related, so the first thing that came to mind was the Empire State Building. Then superheroes. Since Conan has a superhero alter ego, I decided why the hell not do something with that. Here's the end result.



I had to piece the scan together, that's why there are blotchy square spots. I drew this out on watercolor paper, inked it, and then used watercolors, gray tone markers and even some white pencil to pull it all together. I also designed a costume for Andy since I figured he'd be the Flaming C's sidekick. Anyway, there it is. It's been submitted.

Enjoy.

Or don't...whatever.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment