Friday, June 17, 2011

The Flaming C

If you're not a fan of Conan O'Brien (shame on you), then you probably haven't heard of the comic book character that was created for him by Bruce Timm (Warner Bros. head of animation for DC animated movies, creator of the 1990's Batman animated series, Superman animated series, etc.). The character is called the Flaming C. Pretty funny stuff that Conan asked Timm to add to the character. Well, Conan's website last week asked for submissions for people's rendition of the Flaming C, so I figured what the hell. Here's my line art so far...




I decided to have a little fun with Conan's name and the pose in this one, so if it looks familiar you're not imagining things. I decided to use the pose from the Conan the Barbarian poster (the Ahnuld movie from the 1980's). 

I'm going to finish it off using watercolors, and I'm going to set the background colors in the same palette as the movie poster colors. I'll post the finished picture when I'm done. Let me know what you think so far.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment