Saturday, June 11, 2011

M.O.D.O.K.

One thing about doing these window displays bothers me...lots and lots of leftover scrap foamboard in irregular shapes. Sure, there are times when I get to use the scrap to reinforce one of the displays (like Thor's outstretched arm), but for the most part I've got a lot of bits and pieces that I'd like to make something from. So I decided that since the villain side of the displays were a little less than the hero side, that I'd make a few of the lesser known villains. 


First up, M.O.D.O.K. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing). M.O.D.O.K. is a villain that started off as a serious baddie, but soon became more of a punchline in the comics. He's been associated with Captain America, who (surprise, surprise) has a movie coming out next month. So you can all guess what the next window display will actually be up at The Comic Outpost in a few weeks. Anyway, enough backstory, here he is in all his miniature glory...M.O.D.O.K.



Taken with a flash



Taken without a flash


Same specs as the others, 3/4" foamboard, hand cut, painted with acrylic paint, and finished with markers. Every now and then I get the inquiry as to how much one of my pieces would go for (since they are all on sale), and this little guy is priced at $150. Yes, I know it isn't cheap, but neither are the hours put into making a one-of-a-kind piece.  

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment