Thursday, July 7, 2011

Comic Con Thursday Schedule is Up

Are you heading out to Comic Con this year? This year will mark my ninth time at Nerdapalooza. I've gone under the various passes of Attendee, Press, and Exhibitor. The only pass I have yet to go under is as a Professional. Which may or may not happen, but I digress. The guys that put on the Con have released the Thursday Schedule, and I have some really great news about a panel hitting early so the rest of us don't have to feel its lingering negative impact over the rest of the Con. I am taking about the shitfest known as The Twilight Saga, of course. 


A few years back, the Twilighters pretty much ruined the Con for the majority of people attending. Last year, the reason for the return of so many four day passes was due to the Twilighters not bothering to read (until the last minute) that Twilight wasn't making an appearance at the Con that year. This year, it looks like the organizers realized how dumb....excuse me, rabid the Twlighters are and managed to schedule the Twilight panel on the first day, at the beginning of the day (11:15 am) sparing the rest of us from having to suffer a repeat of the fiasco that happened a few years ago (essentially the Twilighters filled Hall H for the entire day (also called 'camping'), were rude to all the panels and guests that appeared during the day until the Twilight panel (which was the last panel of the day) came on). 


If I were the organizing type, I would actually try to call on all comic book fans attending Comic Con to fill Hall H that day just to block the Twilighters out. That is I would do that if I didn't already know that those crazies will be camping out overnight in line just to get inside. Seriously, no panel is worth that long of a wait. 


Anyway, I know this turned into an anti-Twilight rant (which let's face it, isn't that hard to start ranting about in the first place), but the schedule is up, along with Wednesday night's preview night. If you're going, stop on by the Comic Outpost booth and pick up my t-shirt design, or some comics, or some trade paperbacks or all of the above. And have fun while you're there.


Enjoy.




Yes, people were actually walking around with these homemade signs a few years ago at Comic Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment