Thursday, February 24, 2011

Window Display Is Done and Up At The Comic Outpost

As I stated in my previous post about forced perspective, I'm not a big fan of it, and I more often miss than hit it. So here's the other side of the window display at The Comic Outpost that I was working on; Wolverine:



Without a flash


With a flash

I'm happy with the way the colors came out (since I was mixing my own to match the 80's Miller/Claremont Wolvie colors), but I'm not too happy about the posing or some of the shading. I had to hurry through some of the shading this time around due to the fact that I was getting really hit hard by the fumes from the marker this time for some reason. As for the final window display...


Nothing fancy, just a comic book shop with superheroes in the window. I did futz with the positioning a little...


Before


After

See the difference? No? Really? Actually, I just lowered Batman a little since he was a little too high for line of sight when you walk by the window. Yes, I do think about these things when setting up a window display, even one as simple as this one. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics, let me know in the comments below (or on Facebook), and keep a watch out for the snow that is supposed to hit San Francisco tomorrow afternoon/evening. Thankfully I bought a new space heater just in time!





No comments:

Post a Comment