Monday, November 29, 2010

Spider-Man Broadway Musical's First review

So, some people were treated (I guess you could say that) over the weekend to the first showing of the new Broadway musical, "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark". The NY Times has their first impression up over here. Not surprisingly, there were a lot of flaws with the play, including five halts of the play to fix technical difficulties with the flying rig apparatus and a cut back on a good majority of the "special effects". 


Frankly, if it was me paying $140 a ticket, as some people did for Sunday's performance, I would be demanding my money back. Well, first off I wouldn't pay $140 for a ticket to a show. Honestly, that's price is about $100 more than I would be willing to pay to see a stage performance by unknown "talent". Especially from a play that has costume design like this:




Let me just say, I hope this fad of Broadway stage plays trying to adapt big budget movies into mindless dreck dies when this $65 million (and counting) turkey crashes and burns on takeoff.


No comments:

Post a Comment