Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Teaser Trailer for Ben Templesmith's "Black Sky" is now up

So the guys over at MTV Splash Page have themselves an exclusive premiere of Ben Templesmith's illustrated movie "Black Sky". You can check it out here.

I'm a huge fan of Templesmith's artwork, and I follow his Twitter feed almost exclusively just because it's damn funny, and the guy posts a shit-ton (yes, that's an actual unit of measurement) of artwork that he's working on and selling. I've been looking forward to "Black Sky" for a while now, as Harry (yes, a blatant plug) over at The Comic Outpost (blatant plug #2) can tell you since he's tired of hearing me ask for the due date on the book. 


"Black Sky" is a 'post-apocalyptic "Band of Brothers" type of thing...with volcanic squid'. In other words, it's kind of like Halo meets H.P. Lovecraft. So being a fan of both post-apocalyptic stories AND H.P. Lovecraft combined with Templesmith's gorgeous artwork, I'm sold on this thing. 


Anyway, take a look at the trailer, and see what you think. I'll leave you with a few of Templesmith's awesome concept art pieces he showed at Comic Con this year.









Don't say I didn't give you fair warning in what is sure to be the next cool thing. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment